Mahone Islands Conservation Association
The Mahone Islands Conservation Association ("MICA") owns and operates this Web site, located at http://www.mahoneislands.ns.ca/ (the "Web site"). By accessing and using the Web site, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. MICA may revise this Agreement at any time by updating this posting. Use of the Web site after such changes are posted will signify your agreement to these revised terms.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Web site, including all content, including, without limitation, news articles, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, and code (collectively, the "Content") is provided as is. By accessing and using the Web site, you acknowledge and agree that use of the Web site and the Content is entirely at your own risk. MICA accepts no responsibility for any opinions, views or inferences that may result from the Content or the viewing thereof by you or by any third parties. MICA makes no representations or warranties regarding the Web site and the content, including, without limitation, no representation or warranty (i) that the Web site and/or content will be accurate, complete, reliable, suitable or timely; (ii) that the operation of the Web site will be uninterrupted or error free; (iii) that defects or errors in the Web site will be corrected; (iv) that the site will be free from viruses or harmful components; and (v) that communications to or from the Web site will be secure or not intercepted.
All materials displayed or otherwise accessible through the Web site are protected under Canadian and foreign copyright or other laws, and are owned by MICA or the party accredited as the provider of the Content. In addition, the Web site is protected under copyright law as a collective work and/or compilation pursuant to Canadian and foreign laws. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information and restrictions on or contained in any of the Content accessed through the Web site. Any use, reproduction, alteration, modification, public performance or display, uploading or posting onto the internet, transmission, redistribution or other exploitation of the Web site or of any Content, whether in whole or in part, other than as expressly set out herein, is prohibited without the express permission of MICA.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
It is the policy of MICA to respond to claims of intellectual property infringement. MICA will promptly investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take any actions that it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to email@example.com
To be effective, the notification of infringement must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law and;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Web site (excluding linked Web sites) is controlled by MICA from its offices within the Province of Nova Scotia, Canada. By accessing or using the Web site, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Web site and/or the Content shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia and the laws of Canada, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof.