2017 MICA Annual General MeetingJune 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Lunenburg Yacht Club
MAHONE ISLANDS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
Notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting of the members of the Mahone Islands Conservation Association, a body corporate pursuant to the Societies Act of Nova Scotia (the "Association") will be held at the Lunenburg Yacht Club on June 6, 2017, at 7:00 o'clock in the evening, for the purpose of:
Dated May 18, 2017 on behalf of the board of directors.
- Consideration of the minutes of preceding Annual General Meeting;
- Consideration of the Annual Report of the Directors;
- Consideration of the Financial Statements, including balance sheet and operating statement and the report of the Auditors therein;
- Electing Directors for the ensuing year;
- Appointment of Auditors for the ensuing year;
- Transacting such further and other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Secretary: Georg Ernst
- Subsequent to the AGM a presentation will be made by Craig Smith, Nova Scotia Program Director, Nature Conservancy of Canada. Craig will be speaking about NCC's goals and activities and how they relate to MICA'S.
"The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) protects areas of natural diversity for their intrinsic value and for the benefit of our children and grandchildren."
MICA was very pleased to have contributed $100,000 for the recent acquisition of Snake, Lynch and Quaker Islands by Nature Conservancy of Canada. These islands will now be conserved and available for traditional public access. MICA and NCC will have a joint Stewardship Agreement for the ongoing protection of these important islands in Mahone Bay.
- Membership dues can be paid at the AGM.
- Please notify us if you have a new email address so we can update our records.