2015 MICA Annual General MeetingJune 2, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Lunenburg Yacht Club
MAHONE ISLANDS CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
Notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting of the members of the Mahone Islands Conservation Association, a body corporate pursuant to the Societies Act of Nova Scotia (the "Association") will be held at the Lunenburg Yacht Club on June 2, 2015, at 7:00 o'clock in the evening, for the purpose of:
* Consideration of the minutes of preceding Annual General Meeting;
* Consideration of the Annual Report of the Directors;
* Consideration of the Financial Statements, including balance sheet and operating statement and the report of the Auditors therein;
* Electing Directors for the ensuing year;
* Appointment of Auditors for the ensuing year;
* Transacting such further and other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Dated May 14, 2015 on behalf of the board of directors.
Secretary: Georg Ernst
Subsequent to the AGM a presentation will be made by Heather Kelday of the Nova Scotia Sea School.
The Nova Scotia Sea School has explored the protected islands and waters of Mahone Bay for over 18 years with over 2000 teenage youth from Nova Scotia and other parts of the world. Join us for a 30 minute interactive presentation about the tiny wooden boats you often see out in the bay with a cramped and adventurous crew aboard.
Discover the life-changing experiences that youth take from being at sea, connecting with nature and others and our rich heritage on the south shore. The Nova Scotia Sea School takes advantage of the Maritime tradition of boats and our environment to help young people discover the values that the sea has taught for generations: courage, leadership, teamwork, generosity, humour and respect. We teach hands-on skills in boat handling, navigation and wilderness survival, and above all give teenagers a chance to live and work together in a challenging situation where each of them has a turn at being in command.
During the summer the Sea School runs sailing expeditions lasting up to 21 days. The program operates out of Halifax and Lunenburg. Visit our website for more information http://www.seaschool.org